New York Entertainment has listed 28 reasons why Twilight the movie is far better than Twilight the book.
1. First of all, the demands of compressing a 500-page book into a two-hour movie mean that most of the boring scenes of Edward brooding about stuff have been cut. In fact, for the entire middle third of the movie, Edward seems happy most of the time, which Robert Pattinson frankly plays a lot better than he does the dark, serious looks.
2. The movie adds an amazing sequence in which Edward takes Bella to the top of an enormous tree for a view of the mountains and river below. It actually totally rules.
3. In the movie, vampires make an unnecessary but awesome whooshing sound when they jump around.
4. Bella’s new friends in Forks have been given the Catherine Hardwicke treatment: They’re cooler, funnier, more multicultural, and way more interesting than they are in the book, where they’re mostly there to serve as distractions that Bella ignores on her way to Edward. For instance, Eric — described in the book as “a gangly boy with skin problems” who’s “the overly-helpful chess-club type” — turns into a hip, attractive Gaysian. And when everyone goes to the beach, they don’t just take boring walks to the tide pools; they go surfing!
5. Who knew Charlie’s mustache was so awesome?
Photo courtesy of nymag.com
Read the rest on the jump!